Friday, August 12, 2005

Grokking and Composing

Well, the PHP script that grabs images from AIGA members' portfolio is up and running. It's not pretty though. I am on a dial-up connection, so it has been a pain to test.

http://smjdesign.com/grok/aigaportfolios/

The irony is that I've spent more time programming than on design pursuits in the last week as I've been finalizing my portfolios to submit to employers in the Indianapolis area. Why is it that I didn't want to program? I think it had something to do with no one seeing my work and sitting in front of a computer all day working on the same type of project. It would be like being a writer and having to look at text all day.

I've been reading about design patterns recently (Head First Design Patterns from O'Reilly and Essential Actionscript 2.0 by Colin Moock, also from O-Reilly). Btw, I always research books with amazon.com and with bn.com, but buy them at half.com. It's not half off, but it's not too far off from half off.

I finally put class composition to use with a revamping of the poetry knook--that is, internally. Most readers will not be able to tell a difference. The most stubstantial changes were made in the administration section anyway.

--Stephen
www.smjdesign.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home