Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Democratization of Stock Photography

It's been around for a while. I first heard of iStockPhoto while interning at Cre8tive Group back in 2004 when my co-worker, Peter Cook said "Have you checked out iStock?"

Well, I have plenty of 4MP photographs to upload to iStock (especially from my work in Greece), but haven't found the time to write 10 keywords each. I have learned of other stock photo sites. Some messageboards say they pay better.

www.bigstockphoto.com
www.shutterstock.com

I've been told (from by a friend, Andy Didyk, who collects about $50+/month now) is that it's all about the keywords ("People don't search for animal when they want a lion.") and adding a photograph a day for six months.

--Stephen
www.smjdesign.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ones I would reccomend contributing to are

Dreamstime
Istockphoto
Shutterstock
Fotolia
123RF
Stockxpert

Good luck with your submissions

September 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home