Monday, May 01, 2006

Illustrator CS2: Color shift to gray in gradient

If you open up an Illustrator 10 file in Illustrator CS2, some gradients might be gray (de-saturated), but the colors on the ends of the gradient look fine.

Illustrator CS2 will not let you gradient a Pantone (Spot Color). This makes since in the printing world, but if you are using Illustrator to layout a webpage, it is annoying. The answer is to change the Pantone swatch that is used in the gradient to a process color within the Swatch palette.


--Stephen M. James
www.smjdesign.com

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm having issues with all my colors shifting when opening a Illustrator 10 document in CS2.

Also my fonts are "Bolder".

Any ides? This is a major issue for me as i'm doing most all of my web designs in illustrator.

-John Leger

August 02, 2006  
Blogger Stephen M. James said...

Are your Edit>>Color Settings the same? That would be my first thing to check.

Try Adobe Forums next.

This post might help.

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bbec4e4/3

--Stephen

August 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Stephen.

I'll check it out.

-John

August 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home