Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Six plus hours uninstalling and re-installing Adobe Creative Suite 3 (OS-X)

Adobe Illustrator CS3 crashed every time I tried to print to a CD on my Epson Stylus Photo R220. I decided to re-install Adobe Illustrator CS3. I did an uninstall with the uninstaller found in /Applications/Utilites/Adobe Installers. I then tried to re-install Adobe Illustrator CS3 with the installation DVD. Twenty minutes into the installation, it said
“Please insert Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit 2 to continue installation” I googled the error and found this Adobe support page, Message “Please insert Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit 2 to continue installation” when you install, reinstall or repair a CS3 Suite or CS3 application (Mac OS) I could not find a “Add or Remove Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit 2 alias” in /Applications/Utilites/Adobe Installers, so I decided to re-install the whole suite!

One of my co-workers warned that I needed to completely remove CS3 preferences, plists, and all those other files that OS-X applications install but never remove!!! I finally found this Adobe Support page, Remove CS3 prerelease software (Creative Suite and individual applications). I figured that it would remove release software, too. I believe that it does, but be sure you know what you doing when you use it. This script runs from the terminal, so it mainly a UNIX shell script that deletes folders and files.

I am now back to Illustrator 13.0.0 instead of 13.0.2, but only after more than six hours of uninstalling and re-installing Adobe Creative Suite !



-Stephen M. James
www.smjdesign.com

You may view the latest post at
http://www.smjdesign.com/designwell/archives/six-plus-hours-uninstalling-and-re-installing-adobe-creative-suite-3-os-x/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home